Amy Yuan Academy Ltd (Company Registration No. 09796474) ’s contact details are: email@example.com and 0044-7780692603.
The Data Protection Officer of Amy Yuan Academy Ltd is Amy Yuan. Amy Yuan can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- Children’s privacy
- Keeping your information safe
- How long we keep your data
- What are your data protection rights?
- Disclosing personal information
- International data transfer
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
With your consent, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Competition repertoire information of competition candidates who sign up
- Performance level information of competition candidates who sign up
- Publicity photographs of competition candidates who sign up
- Candidates’ performance video links of their chosen competition repertoire which they submit
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated during the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use)
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
How do we collect your data?
Most of the data we collect is directly provided by you. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Use one of our website forms.
Amy Yuan Academy Ltd may also receive your data indirectly from the following source:
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
How will we use your data?
Amy Yuan Academy Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Process your competition entry or order, and manage your account.
- Enable your use of the services available from us.
- Email you with updated information and competition and other service’s notices.
- Send you service related items through our company.
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you.
- Send you non-marketing communications.
- Send you information on Our Company’s future projects, events and services we think you might like through email, Facebook, Instagram.
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
- Use photographs of competition candidates and other students who enter for our competition or other activities for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have your images to be put to such use, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Use videos or stills taken from videos of competition candidates and other students who enter for our competition or other activities for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have material taken from your video footage to be put to such use, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Amy Yuan Academy Ltd processes your order, we may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party. No third party has access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
- We design our processing with children in mind from the outset, and use a data protection by design and by default approach.
- We make sure that our processing is fair and complies with the data protection principles.
- As a matter of good practice, we use DPIAs (Data Protection Impact Assessment) to help us assess and mitigate the risks to children.
- If our processing is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedom of children then we always do a DPIA.
- As a matter of good practice, we take children’s views into account when designing our processing.
- Registration from children under the age of 13 without any parental consent will be deleted once identified.
Keeping your information safe
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software: 2048-bit RSA Signature Key. Our website is protected by Let’s Encrypt Wildcard SSL certificate which secures our site with TLS encryption. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear to the left of the web address of web browsers such as Google Chrome.
When you make a payment via our website, your financial details are captured by our payment processor (Stripe). Stripe uses 2048-bit RSA Signature Key to protect your payment details. They are never seen by our server and are not stored. AY Academy can, however, use Stripe to access a list of payments made without seeing credit/debit card numbers, to match against the entries made online.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone, and we will never ask you for your password.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Amy Yuan Academy Ltd would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you will always have the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Amy Yuan Academy Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Amy Yuan Academy Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Amy Yuan Academy Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Amy Yuan Academy Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Amy Yuan Academy Ltd to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Amy Yuan Academy Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Amy Yuan Academy Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Amy Yuan Academy Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Amy Yuan Academy Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, in a common digital format, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond to you within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or call us at: 0044-7780692603
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfer
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you submit on our website or submit through other means may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We have a Cookies Policy which you can access here.
- To keep our site functioning
- To detect which language we should show our web pages in
- To optimise our site’s performance such as speed
- To display webfonts
- To Use YouTube for playing videos
- To display Facebook and Instagram posts
What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
- Social media buttons
On our website we have included buttons for Facebook and Instagram to promote webpages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks like Facebook and Instagram. These buttons work using pieces of code coming from Facebook and Instagram themselves. This code places cookies. These social media buttons also can store and process certain information, so a personalised advertisement can be shown to you.
Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymised as much as possible. Facebook and Instagram are located in the United States.
How to manage cookies?
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent has been given when you visit our websites again.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Amy Yuan Academy Ltd
Phone number: 07780692603
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Amy Yuan Academy Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Call: 0303 123 1113
Or visit their official website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ where you can contact them through live chat.